Another raceless day

Plenty of heavy rainclouds and sporadic wind puffs from various directions. That was on the menu for the 2nd day of racing in Santo Stefano. After a postponement ashore, a race was started in min-afternoon. We thought we started early and restarted (later we found out we weren’t over after all) and had plenty on to work up the fleet. After a decent first upwind we rounded around 10th but lost on the following downwind. We were pretty grateful when they abandoned the race on the 2nd upwind after being buried in mid-fleet.

Weather forecast seems to predict more variable winds. However, there should be wind speeds to get the minimum 2 races in, just a question of if rain clouds continues to destroy the weak gradient breezes.

Advertisements